A swoops, or swoop bike, was a type of repulsorlift vehicle designed for speed. In essence, it was a more dangerous version of a speeder bike that both its enthusiasts and its detractors described as an "engine with a seat." Although more powerful than speeder bikes, swoops were crude and lacked finesse. They were hard to control, requiring instinct, strength, and timing.
Swoop races were popular on many planets across the galaxy and were loved for their excitement and outlaw image. The Jedi Padawan Anakin Skywalker used a swoop owned by Owen Lars while searching for his mother Shmi Skywalker Lars on the planet Tatooine. The criminal Ohnaka Gang used swoops to patrol near their base on the planet Florrum.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings (First identified as swoop bike)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Gungan General"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Trespass"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lethal Trackdown"
- Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Train Heist
- Servants of the Empire: The Secret Academy
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance) (Special Edition/DVD)
- Star Wars: A New Hope junior novelization
- Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure
- Heir to the Jedi
- Rey's Survival Guide
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide